Recipe: Probiotic Shampoo Recipe
Now we’ve all heard the value of probiotics in our diet, right? And we know from our Hairprint.Asia Blog: Probiotics For Healthy Hair that science has proven probiotics to be beneficial for the skin, scalp and thus our hair.
This is a simple DIY probiotic shampoo that will not only clean, but moisturise and nourish your locks as well. It's chemical free and a great addition to your natural hair care collection. On a side note, we recommend that you only use 100% organic essential oils. This way you will avoid chemical herbicides or pesticides which can be highly toxic.
DIY Probiotic Shampoo
- 1/4 cup unscented liquid Castile soap
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 capsules probiotics
- 10 drops of essential oil (rosemary for hair growth or tea tree oil for dandruff)
- For dry hair: add 1/2 tsp olive (optional)
- 1 rinsed out and dry flip top shampoo bottle
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and use a blender to create a smooth and well combined mixture.
- Make sure the shampoo bottle is completely dry before pouring in the shampoo mix.
- Store the bottle in the refrigerator - it will keep for a few weeks.
- Just do not get water into it or it will spoil faster. That’s why it’s best to store it in a flip top bottle.
- Use about a teaspoon for each wash, making sure you massage your scalp and leaving it in for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Shake well before each use.