Recipe: Nourishing Hair Salad
We all have heard the phrase: “We are what we eat!” Having a healthy balanced diet is an absolute must for a healthy body, skin and hair! So check out this amazing salad recipe that will give you a nutritional boost for your hair.
Avocado and olive oil are an excellent source of healthy fats for shiny hair. But, the other ingredients: baby spinach, sunflower seeds and egg are also full of important vitamins, nutrients and minerals that are important for hair health. Sunflower seeds can help prevent hair loss with nutrients like protein, zinc, selenium, biotin, potassium, copper, iron, vitamins B and E, magnesium and calcium. Topping it all off, is the egg. Hair is mainly made up of protein, which means your hair needs protein to grow and be strong. Eggs are also high in biotin, a vitamin B, essential for a healthy scalp and hair growth.
For more information check out our article on the 5 Best Building Blocks.
The Nourishing Hair Salad
- 15 stalks of asparagus
- 1½ tsp. of olive oil for sauteeing
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. of toasted sunflower seeds
- 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Juice of a half a lemon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut off the ends of the asparagus. Then chop the asparagus into bite size pieces
- Next, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add asparagus. Season asparagus with salt and pepper to taste then grill for a few minutes until tender. Set aside.
- Boil eggs for four minutes then place into a bowl of cold water and let them cool.
- Toast the sunflower seeds in a pan on low heat for approximately three minutes or until fragrant.
- Wash and dry the baby spinach using a salad spinner.
- Then toss the baby spinach and asparagus in remaining olive oil and lemon juice use.
- Taste the salad and it season to taste.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half.
- Place the egg and sliced avocado on top of the greens.
- Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds, and enjoy!